Today I woke up very happy to find out that my ketones had gone up to Moderate, the Blood Glucose was still down at 95 and my weight had dropped 1/2 pound at 138.4.
As today was a very busy day I ate out twice, but managed to stay within the guidelines.
The recipe today is a simple one, but right now it’s one of my favorite breakfasts, snacks or appetizers.
Avocado deviled eggs also makes a great finger food for parties and picnics!
Avocado deviled eggs
Spinach salad with grilled shrimp (at a Mexican restaurant)
Italian Sausage with Sauted cabbage (at my friend’s house!)
- Peel the boiled eggs and cut in half
- Remove the yolks to a small bowl, without breaking the whites.
- Mix the yolks with the goat cheese, the oil and the lime until a smooth cream is formed
- Now cut the avocados in half, remove the seed then cut in little squares with a sharp knife
- Scoop the little cubes of avocado out with a spoon
- Gently mix the avocado cubes with the egg cream
- Fill the egg whites back with the avocado mixture
- Decorate with a bit of fresh cilantro or thyme
- If you prefer a smooth filling just put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix with an immersion blender. (I have this one and use it constantly)
- OPTION 2
- Cut the egg whites in small cubes also and add to the avocado-egg mixture.
- You can serve this egg salad in endive lettuce cups or use it as a stuffing for tomatoes
Here is the links to the other posts:
Here is a great article about The Health Benefits of Avocado!!