Today I would like to introduce to you a very talented young lady: Jennifer of Predominantly Paleo, who was so nice to share this wonderful recipe with me! Not only the Italians can make a mean lasagna!
The World’s Best Ever Magical Paleo Lasagna
Alright, alright, so maybe it hasn’t quite yet won these accolades, but, I can assure you that this was pretty much out of control good. I never could imagine that lasagna could be edible if you took out the two most important ingredients: noodles and cheese. But alas, not only was it edible it was incredible! I hope you’ll agree!!!
- 1 cup cashews soaked for 2-3 hours and drained
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg
For meat sauce:
For veggie layers:
- 1 eggplant
- 1 large zucchini sliced in 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup cashew meal
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 400
- In a bowl, whisk 2 eggs and 2 tablespoons water
- Mix cashew meal and garlic salt on a plate
- Slice eggplant in 1/4 inch slices, saturate in egg wash, then dredge in cashew meal
- Place on baking sheet and cook for 30 minutes, flipping once
- Reduce heat to 375 in oven
- While eggplant is baking, brown ground beef in medium sized skillet then add marinara and turn off heat
- For “cheese”, place soaked cashews, water, seasonings, and apple cider vinegar in blender or food processor and puree
- Add in egg and blend again briefly
- In a greased casserole dish, place a layer of sliced zucchini on the bottom
- Now spoon half of meat sauce over zucchini
- Spread half of “cheese” on top of meat sauce
- Layer baked eggplant on top of “cheese”
- Then spoon remaining meat sauce on top and “cheese” on top of meat sauce
- I spread the “cheese” into the meat sauce a little bit so they were slightly combined
- Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes
About Jennifer from Predominantly Paleo
Jennifer is a wife and mother of 3 in pursuit of better health for her family.
After being gluten free for 4 years, and having a multitude of chronic health issues, she realized there was still a lot of junk in her pantry and change was needed. Jennifer began feeding her family more meals from WHOLE foods and less from boxes. Her recipes are predominantly paleo, meaning they are free of grain, gluten, dairy, and refined sugar, but make allowances for a few treats and sweets. She believes food can be medicine when used appropriately and that a few changes now can equate to huge benefits later. Healthy food does not need to be flavorless and void of personality, which she aims to accomplish through her many recipes.
Social media links:
If you enjoyed the recipes in this post, you might want to get the one week Meal Plan! It’s the best way to get started with a WELL FORMULATED Ketogenic diet! The meal plan contains a full week of unpublished recipes, (all Paleo too!!), a shopping guide, and a list of good and bad foods!
Everything you will need to get started with Keto in the best / healthiest possible way!