Hi! If you are new to the Keto lifestyle you might not know where and what to get to best track your progress or make a special Keto Paleo recipe! I decided to make a handy keto resources list here so you could get you new keto lifestyle started smoothly!
My Keto Meal Plans:
- Before keto adaptation you can simply track your progress with inexpensive Ketone Urine Strips
- After about 3 weeks , you will become keto adapted and the urine strips will not read anymore.
Now you have the option to use 2 measuring devices:
- A Blood Ketone Meter and Strips. This system is the most accurate but quite pricey.
- A better long term alternative would be a Ketone Breath Meter, like the Ketonix. Which will last forever and be quite accurate.
- I also recommend a Glucose Meter Kit to test blood sugar levels as you are keto adapting.
- If you have to test your glucose many times a day and you are a needle phobic like me, I suggest getting a Genteel. It’s a great way to get your blood sample with no pain or trauma! USE coupon code VIV10OFF for $10 discount!!
As you get keto adapted your body will process minerals in a different way and mineral supplementation becomes more relevant.
Here are some generic suggestions for a basic keto mineral protocol:These supplements are just recommened for the first phase of keto adaptation, not for long term use!
- 5000 mg of sodium chloride (salt) Best: Celtic Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt.
- 1000 mg of potassium (chloride or sulfate)
- 300 mg of magnesium (chelated) Best: Calm or Magnesium Lactate
- 1000mg Calcium Lactate
- Chromium 200 mcgr 3x day tofacilitate glucose level balance
(click on name for an example of the supplement)
I also strongly recommend the use of a probiotic to help heal and stabilize the gut and prevent constipation. I use one of the new generation of Soil Based Probiotics: Prescript Assist
If you are new to Keto you might be at a loss to find the right ingredients that are healthy and keto approved!
Here are my personal Keto Kitchen Basics! These Paleo and Keto friendly foods are great for substitutions.
- Almond Meal
- Coconut Flour
- Hazelnut Flour
- Psyllium Husk Powder (sample recipe here)
- Chia Seed Flour – make it yourself! Just place Chia seeds in a coffee grinder and grind for 30 sec. Freeze to store, so it won’t go rancid!
- Flax seed flour – make it yourself! Just place Flax Seeds in a coffee grinder and grind for 30 sec. Freeze to store, so it won’t go rancid!
- Ghee instead of butter
- Swerve instead of granulated sugar
- Confectioner Swerve for baking!
- Stevia Glycerite: for hot drinks, and desserts.
- Egg White Protein to use in Baking
- Raw Cacao Powder: For maximum antioxidants!