When I first started out on my keto journey, I was all about making homemade fat bombs and other low-carb snacks.
But, after a few weeks, I realized that some months were crazier than others and, when I was short on time, I was left without keto-friendly options that I could easily take with me.
I found myself trying other low-carb protein bars on the market just to hold me over.
These seemed safe to eat based on the label but I’d eventually get kicked of ketosis despite what the package promoted.
I knew there had to be a better option and luckily I found these new Perfect Keto Bars during my latest search. And these are exactly what I’ve been looking for.
What Are Perfect Keto Bars?
Perfect Keto Bars are the only low-carb protein bars on the market that are actually optimized for a healthy ketogenic diet.
Unlike other bars, you won’t find cheap fillers, artificial ingredients, or added sugars and sugar alcohols of any kind.
You also won’t see massive amounts of protein and a small amount of fat like your typical protein bars.
Perfect Keto spent a huge amount of time perfecting these bars to create a satisfying snack that won’t kick you out of ketosis. 1 year and 18 different iterations to be exact.
Dr. Anthony Gustin even went so far as to test his bar against 3 other popular low-carb protein bars to see how it affected his blood sugar.
I was shocked by what he discovered.
This is a MUST watch video if you are even mildly interested in keto, metabolism, and snack food.
Too long; Didn’t watch: Quest and Dang bars spiked his glucose by 20-30 points and Bulletproof spiked it by 40 points for 5 hours!
Perfect Keto Bars increased his glucose by 3 units. That’s about as much as you would expect from standing up or sitting down.
I stick to these Keto Bars since they won’t stimulate increases in my blood sugar and I know there’s only high-quality ingredients inside.
I do not eat many treats in my very basic keto Paleo diet, so the Keto Bars are actually filling that gap, giving me a bit of a sweet comfort when I need it.
Most people can easily pronounce every ingredient in these Keto Bars
- Organic almond butter & almonds. Almonds are low in carbs and loaded with monounsaturated fats, fiber, vitamins, and minerals, which keeps me feeling full for longer and gives me a nice dose of micronutrients. And since Perfect Keto only uses organic almond butter and almonds, I don’t have to worry about nasty pesticide exposure that comes with other brands.
- Grass-fed collagen. Collagen directly supports healthy skin, hair, nails, brain, joints, gut, heart, and eye health.
- Cacao butter. The cacao butter in this bar serves two purposes: it adds an extra layer of fats in the form of saturated fats, which can help reduce inflammation, and gives these bars a richer texture that feels more like a brownie than a bar.
- Organic cocoa. Cocoa is rich in polyphenols and antioxidants — which can help fight free radicals — and it’s beneficial for heart health. So while you’re technically eating cocoa, it’s nothing like the sugar-filled chocolate you’re used to since there’s added health benefits. So it’s better taste-wise and nutritionally.
- Organic coconut oil. As one of the best fats on keto, coconut oil is packed with medium-chain fatty acids that give your body the fuel it needs to power through any day and it helps support ketosis. It also has anticancer, antibacterial, and antiviral properties so you know it’s a staple in my house.
- Soluble tapioca fiber. It’s the cheap binders found in other bars, among many things, that have a tendency to kick you out of ketosis. That’s why Perfect Keto ditched those altogether and used soluble tapioca fiber, which keeps these bars keto-friendly.
And it’s not just these high quality ingredients that make this keto bar stand out.
Why Are [Keto Bars – AFFILIATES: Insert Your Link Here] Better Than Other Low Carb Protein Bars?
I’m all for trying out different low-carb protein bars. But, as I’ve learned the hard way, not all low-carb bars can be trusted.
Dr. Anthony Gustin proved this in his recent comparison of 4 popular low carb protein bars.
Because of that, I’m skeptical when it comes to trusting labels. And you should be too.
Luckily, I’ve already done my due diligence on this bar so you don’t have to.
I would not recommend to you anything that I would not eat myself!! And these are pretty much made of the same kind ingredients you can use at home. They are just way more convenient.
Here’s why these Keto Bars made the cut over other options out there:
- No junk ingredients or cheap fillers. You won’t find any soluble corn fiber or Frankenstein ingredients that are unpronounceable in this bar.
- No artificial sweeteners, added sugars or sugar alcohols. You also won’t see high-sugar sweeteners like dates, honey, syrups, or chicory root fiber either. But that doesn’t mean sugar alcohols are lurking behind the label. These bars are also free from those and artificial sweeteners.
- Soy, peanut, corn, and dairy free. These common allergens may be in other bars but not this keto bar.
- Keto-optimized macros. Some bars are too high in protein while others are too low in fat. Perfect Keto’s bar is the perfect sweet spot that delivers macros that are ideal on a keto diet. Each bar contains 19g of fat, 10g of protein, and 3g of net carbs.
And since there’s no carb-heavy syrups or hard to digest sweeteners in these bars, you’ll have no trouble staying in ketosis.
Perfect Keto’s bars were also specially formulated to minimize blood sugar impact which means you won’t experience a huge insulin spike and subsequent crash right after eating one, which you can’t say about some other bars on the market.
Since my schedule is so jam-packed, there are weeks when I don’t have time to whip up a batch of fat bombs or other homemade low-carb snacks.
That’s where Keto Bars has become my lifesaver.
Instead of having to waste time sorting through store shelves and ingredient lists to settle on a not-really-low-carb protein bar that will probably kick me out of ketosis anyway, I can reach for this one and know that I’m not taking a step back from my goals or feeding my body artificial ingredients.
If you want more ideas for good keto snacks here is a great post from Perfect keto with lots of ideas!