Feed the family with kid-approved Keto Paleo Cashew Chicken Curry!
I made this dish when I was visiting my friend’s house. She has 2 adorable little girls, 4 and 7, who are like nieces to me. My friend always wants me to cook for her, but the girls are very picky eaters and they are not used to eating complicated “adult” dishes. With this curry I wanted to create something that would be interesting for the adults, but simple enough for a kid’s palate. All of that using keto paleo ingredients.
The result was a spur-of-the-moment FB live video (see above0 and this recipe)
I did not get to film the girls eating the curry, but THEY DID!! I served the curry on a bed of simple cauli rice and it all disappeared fast.
After a few failed attempts at making something they liked, I was very pleased when they cleaned up the plate and even asked for more!
- Serves: 4 servings
- Serving size: 1 serving
- Calories: 470
- Fat: 34 gr
- Net Carbs: 10 gr NET
- Fiber: 1 gr
- Protein: 28 gr
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 pound of boneless chicken thighs
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste ( I love this one)
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- In a cast iron or nonstick pan heat the coconut oil on medium heat. Sprinkle the chicken thighs with salt, then saute' them in the oil turning periodically, until nicely browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a blender, mix all the other ingredients on high speed until a smooth cream is formed.
- Add the cream to the chicken, lower the heat, and cook until the chicken is done but still tender and juicy, about 7 to 10 minutes, depending on thickness.
- Serve with cauliflower rice or Shirataki rice.