Pecan Almond Shortbread Cookies, crumbly delight!
When I was a kid I used to love to dip cookies in my tea. My grandmother taught me that…
As a keto eater it’s not so easy to find cookies you can have….
These ones are amazingly delicious, and quite low in carbs! Just as good as the shortbread from my childhood!
Keto Treats and Insulin
Please be aware that a keto treat might still spike your insulin.
What will happen for sure is that a sweet tasting treat will not help your sugar addiction, if you are experiencing such a problem.
You can read more in my post about Treats and Insulin.
For this reason I recommend skipping the sweetener altogether if that is a concern of yours and try to get used to less sweet tasting foods. This will reset your taste buds, and help you get rid of the cravings!
- Serves: 20 cookies
- Serving size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 194
- Fat: 20 gr
- Net Carbs: 1.2 gr NET
- Fiber: 1.6 gr
- Protein: 2.4 gr
- 2 cups pecans
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup pastured butter, melted
- 3 Tbs Swerve (buy here)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre heat oven to 350 degees F.
- In a large food processor mix almond and pecans until they turn in to a coarse flour.
- Add butter and rest of ingredients to the food processor and blend until a dough is formed.
- Now remove the dough form the food processor and with the aid of parchment paper shape it into a roll.
- Put in the refrigerator for 2 hrs min, until dough hardens.
- Now slice in to 1" thick rounds.
- Place on a cookie sheet on top of parchment paper.
- Bake at 325 for 10 minutes.
- Be careful not to overbake or bottom will burn!
- Let cool before moving form the cookie sheet. If too crumbly refrigerate before eating!