Gut Friendly Macaroons
How about a sweet treat your gut will love?
TheseKeto Chocolate Macaroons use one of my favorite flavor combinations: chocolate and coconut! But don’t be deceived by appearances, their secret ingredient is health! Actually their secret ingredient is fiber!
If you follow my posts regularly you will know that I am a big fan of gut health and am also aware how most ket diets are sorely lacking fiber.
So why not make fiber into a fun treat?
So if you think the carb content is high, DO NOT PANIC! Yes, they are still Keto, and those carbs are 80% fiber!
I understand that certain fibers might spike blood glucose in certain people, so in case you are not sure these little guys are good for you, measure your ketosis or blood sugar after eating them!
Make sure you drink plenty of water when eating fiber rich foods or they will make you constipated!!
A Breakthrough New Ingredient!
If the fiber bonus was not enough, our Keto Chocolate Macaroon also make use of another FANTASTIC ingredient MCT Oil Powder! Straight out of the latest research, the genius guys at Perfect Keto have created the cleanest and purest MCT oil powder for you!
First of all why do you want MCTs?
MCTs are known for being quickly absorbed by your body and metabolized into energy in the liver. They’re the most efficient saturated fats in terms of energy production. And they get you into ketosis fast, as they go mostly straight to the liver, where they get converted in to ketones!
Here are more reasons why MCTs are so great
- No fat storage. MCTs don’t get stored as fat in your body, they’re all turned into ketones.
- Higher calorie burn. MCTs have have a thermogenic effect (burning calories to create heat). This fat-burning process results in a metabolism boost.
There are 4 reasons why MCT oil can be burned as fuel so effectively:
- MCTs reach your liver quickly. They don’t have to go through peripheral tissues first, like LCTs do.
- MCTs don’t have to be broken down into smaller molecules. Unlike long-chain fats, the body can absorb MCTs more efficiently due to the size of their carbon bonds.
- MCTs cross the double membrane of the mitochondria quickly (the energy “factory” of the cell).
- MCTs don’t need the presence of an enzyme called carnitine to be converted to energy, like LCTs do.
So why use powder instead of oil?
- Softer on your digestive system.
- Easier to incorporate into baked foods and drinks.
- Easier to combine with other supplements.
Using the powder for this recipe made it super easy and not messy or greasy! And you still get all the benefits of the MCTs!
Some additional benefits of MCT oils are:
- Maintain healthy weight loss
- Support a healthy gut
- Improve cognitive health
- Improve heart health
- Prevent risk of diabetes
- Increase exercise performance
- Serves: 8 macaroons
- Serving size: 1 macaroon
- Calories: 76
- Fat: 6 gr
- Net Carbs: 1 gr NET
- Fiber: 3 gr
- Protein: 3 gr
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl mix the coconut flour, shredded coconut, MCT Powder, cacao and swerve until well blended.
- Put the egg whites in a medium glass bowl and whisk until stiff, (very foamy holding stiff peaks).
- Gently incorporate the egg whites into the flour mix, trying to not overmix and to preserve some of the volume from the eggs whites.
- Spoon the mixture onto a greased cookie sheet, or into muffin cups if you prefer. Makes 8 portions!
- Bake at 350 for 8 minutes, then turn off the oven and leave for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool before removing from the cookie sheet.
PS if you liked this recipe, you should have a look at the Macaroon Fat Bombs as well!