Podcast: Play in new window
You may have been doing the ketogenic diet for a while now, but are you keto-adapted? What difference does keto-adaptation make? Vivica Menegaz joins me in the show to talk about all these and more!
In this episode you will learn:
- What it means to be keto-adapted and what are its benefits
- The value of keto-adaptation and how we apply it in our modern lives
- The difference that keto-adaptation brings to your body
- The different players involved in metabolism and understanding its complexity
- What are the different aspects we need to consider when doing keto for women?
- The foundation upon which the ketogenic lifestyle rests
- What is the quick fix mentality and what are the problems that result from it
- It’s not always easy to get keto-adapted, it depends on a number of factors such as your metabolic profile, your insulin resistance, your liver’s ability to convert fats into ketones, etc.
- Less than 20% of the people who are doing the ketogenic diet now are able to reach a satisfactory state of keto-adaptation.
- The first thing we need to address, when it comes to achieving weight loss, for example, is toxicity.
- Ketosis and keto-adaptation are part of our natural physical genetic code.
- Ketosis was not invented by nature for us to lose weight. It was invented to keep us alive.
- It is perfectly natural to go in and out of ketosis. It is part of the natural state of well-being.
- Keto can be done in many ways. There are different ways for different people of different ages and different lifestyles.
- Take whatever you read, especially when it’s labeled scientific research, with a grain of salt. It’s not necessarily true.
- When it comes to doing the ketogenic diet, don’t be afraid to be your own experiment and see how things go for you.
- Embrace a more holistic perspective on what healing really means. What does it take to be healthy and live healthy in your mind and in your body?
- Take responsibility for your own health and well-being. This is the first step in the ketogenic journey.
- Bring mindfulness and awareness to everything you do, especially eating.
- Be loving and compassionate to yourself and have a true support system among women.
I have now moved into my new home and I am loving it! Follow me on social media @shawnmynarhealth and see all that I’ve been up to since I’ve moved into my new space.
“Ketogenic is really not a diet. It is this ancient program inside our body.” ? Vivica Menegaz
“Ketogenic is a physical state of being that is natural to our bodies.” ? Vivica Menegaz
Ample Keto Meal Replacement – use the coupon code keto4women15 to get 15%off
Keto-Adapted by Maria Emmerich
The Osso Good Bone Broths – use the coupon code keto4women to get $10 off your order
More from Vivica Menegaz
The Keto Paleo Kitchen by Vivica Menegaz
The Nourished Caveman (Vivica’s website)
More from Shawn Mynar
The Fat Burning Female Project
Best Ketone Test Kit
Precision Xtra Blood
Precision Xtra Blood Ketone Test Strips
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.