You are not a failure!
Maybe you are new to the ketogenic diet and lifestyle, you probably have a long list of failed diets behind you.
So you might think: here is another fad diet, another one that will not work…
That is because so many other diets have failed you!
You did not fail, they failed YOU!
First because they were unsustainable in many different ways: you were always hungry, tired, frustrated…that is why you ended up falling off the wagon.
Second and most important: THEY WERE NOT DESIGNED FOR YOU!
Is keto for me?
Let em ask you 3 simple questions:
1) Do you ever crave sugar?
2) Do you have energy up and downs throughout the day?
3) Do you get very hungry if you skip a meal?
If you said yes to at least 2 of these 3 questions you are a good candidate for a ketogenic diet.
Keto means to never feel deprived.
Once you are eating the keto way, you can kiss the hunger goodbye! And the cravings! And the mid-day slump!
But the best part yet…
You will be able to eat your favorite foods…just with a few modifications. They will still taste great and keep you satiated and happy!
This Keto and Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancakes recipe is a great example. Make it for your family and they will not even notice that it’s a “health food”!
PS In case you would like to know more about grain substitutes of a keto and low-carb diet, read this post!
- Serves: 6 pancakes
- Serving size: 2 pancakes
- Calories: 443
- Fat: 35 grams
- Net Carbs: 5 grams NET
- Fiber: 7 grams
- Protein: 21 gr
- 2 ounces (58 grams) of freshly ground flax seeds
- 2 ounces (58 grams) of ground hazelnuts or Hazelnut Flour
- 1 ounce (28 grams) egg white protein
- 1 teaspoon aluminum free baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Chai Masala Mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 3 organic eggs
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 4 or 5 drops of stevia glicerite.
- 1 tablespoon Swerve (optional)
- coconut oil to fry
- Mix all wet ingredients in a large bowl with a whisk until frothy. (about 30 sec)
- In another bowl mix both flours, masala mix, salt, baking powder, stevia and Swerve.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet as you keep whisking.
- Once the batter is ready it should be semi-thick, but still pourable.
- If too dry, add ¼ cup of water.
- Heat a teaspoon of coconut oil in a small non stick pan and pour one ladle of batter in it.
- Cover with a lid and lower flame to low.
- Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- You can use a lid or a plate to help flip the pancake.
- Serve immediately sprinkling with more masala mix and garnishing with whole hazelnuts.
- You can serve with coconut cream on top.
If you enjoyed the recipes in this post, you might want to get the one week Meal Plan! It’s the best way to get started with a WELL FORMULATED Ketogenic diet! The meal plan contains a full week of unpublished recipes, (all Paleo too!!), a shopping guide, and a list of good and bad foods!
Everything you will need to get started with Keto in the best / healthiest possible way!