Ok I have a confession to make…
I am obsessed….
Totally and completely obsessed by the salty, spicy, umami tanginess of garlic and anchovies….together they are a match made in heaven…
I think the obsession has it’s roots in another recipe that I shared on the blog a while ago: The Bagna Cauda Peppers, where the garlic slowly melts into butter and then is mixed with the anchovies…
One of my clients got the bug too and started to make jars full of that Bagna Cauda dressing to put on her veggies, meats…everything…I think she would have put it on cupcakes…
So she got me going again about the magic combo of garlic and anchovy….
Now, I am going to introduce you to my newest craving: The Keto and Low carb Cesar Salad!
To die for!
The BEST Keto and Low Carb Cesar Salad ever!
Really, really!! I promise you!
This Cesar dressing is made 100% from scratch and 1000% with love! I only used the very best ingredients…
The result is spectacular!
Ok, now let me tell you what this Cesar salad does NOT contain (which is what makes it special..)
- NO canola oil (YUP the stuff is nasty! They have to deodorize it it’s so rancid!)
- NO soybean oil (GMO soy, no thanx!)
- No sugar (helloooo)
- No thickeners
- No preservatives
- NO gluten!!
So if you are serious about your foods and your health, you will take the whole 10 minutes it takes to make this delicious dressing from scratch!
What you will need
Is an immersion blender! I really use mine a lot. I just got myself this one form Amazon and I totally love it, because I know is not going to break in 3 months like the other 2 I had.
You will also need some good quality ingredients.
You can get your anchovies at TJ’s or get some fancy ones here. (well, you know I am Italian, so I am partial to my little compatriot fish)
You can get good quality parmesan almost anywhere these days, even at Costco. Just make sure you buy a whole piece and grate it yourself, so it’s fresh and flavorful!
I would get the romaine lettuce at the Farmer’s Market if you have one nearby, but second best would be organic romaine hearts form the grocery store.
Oh and get organic garlic too!
How about the pork rinds? Well, those will be pretty hard to find organic, unless you make them yourself. But you can get some pretty amazing fresh ones at almost any Mexican Carniceria!
Ok! you are now ready to get this fantastic Keto and low carb Cesar Salad started!
- Serves: 4 servings
- Serving size: 1 serving
- Calories: 727
- Fat: 38.75 grams
- Net Carbs: 1.8 grams NET
- Fiber: 0.5 grams
- Protein: 13 grams
- 1 egg yolk
- 8 Tbs avocado oil
- 3 Tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp dijion mustard
- 4 anchovy filets
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 Tbs grated parmesan
- 24 whole leaves of romaine hearts
- 2 oz of pork rinds chopped in small pieces
- 4 tbs shaved parmesan for garnish
- In the cup of an immersion blender place the egg yolk, the ACV, Mustard, insert the blender stick and stand on the egg yolk and then pour the avocado oil carefully on top.
- Now start the blender on low, without moving it from its position.
- The egg yolk should slowly emulsify with the oil, creating a mayonnaise. ( If you have problems making a mayo, use 1 teaspoon of commercial mayo as a starter together with the previous ingredients)
- Once the base mayo is ready, remove the blender, and add the anchovies, garlic and grated parmesan to the cup.
- Again blend on slow until all ingredients are well blended together and create a smooth mayonnaise like dressing.
- Wash and dry the romaine leaves and arrange on 4 serving plates.
- With a spoon drizzle the dressing on the leaves.
- Divide the pork rind "croutons" between the 4 dishes.
- Garnish with the shaved parmesan