Zucchini Blossom Appetizer: and Italian Classic Revisited!
My favorite seasonal appetizer. You can get the zucchini blossoms from your garden or from the farmers market. And it’s ready in a snap!! This is a 3 ingredient recipe!!
Please do not forget to use eggs from your farmer, or if you can not get them use the best organic, cage free eggs. The almond flour also comes from our local almonds from the market, you can make almond milk and then use the leftover almond meal for the breading.
I do not usually make a dip for this dish, but I did once for a friend’s request. So I just whipped up a quick pesto with some basil, raw sunflower seeds, garlic and olive oil.
- 8-12 Fresh Zucchini Blossoms
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups almond flour
- lard for frying (you can use coconut oil if you prefer)
- (salt to taste)
- Go through the zucchini blossoms to make sure they are clean and undamaged.
- Whisk the eggs lightly.
- Roll the blossoms gently into the eggs, then n the almond flour.
- Heat fat in a skillet.
- Fry blossoms until golden on both sides.
- Drip off excess fat on a paper bag /towel.
- Serve hot.