I love being outdoors and I love Summer! I get very unhappy when I am inside too long, and I think that led to many important decisions in my life!
To celebrate our newly bought outdoor dining set and the wonderful warm evening we decided it’s a perfect occasion for a summer night dinner party!!
My husband announced the decision that we would have friends over for dinner at 4 pm. They would arrive at 8. Luckily I had just come back from the Farmers Market, so at least veggies were plentiful.
But what to do for protein? All the eggs have been used, no meat was defrosted…So the only logical option was” LAST MINUTE CARPACCIO! Whew!
So here is our menu:
Side Dishes: Smoky Roasted Turnips with Bacon – recipe from the book “The 30 Day Guide to Paleo Cooking”
and a slightly modified Roasted Cauliflower with Caper Relish – Also from The 30 Day Guide to Paleo Cooking” (modified recipe below)
A good bottle of Zinfandel, and the evening was perfect!
- 1 head organic cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- Sea salt to taste
- Caper Bagna Cauda:
- 3 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 2 organic garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry salted capers
- 2 anchovy fillets
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
- Chop cauliflower into florets
- Place in a baking dish and toss with butter
- Season with sea salt
- Roast for 30/40 minutes
- In the meantime start the Bagna Cauda.
- Soak the capers in warm water for 10 minutes, rinse, repeat.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan, on very low flame
- Add garlic and cook very slowly for about 10 minutes
- Now add the anchovy filets after smushing them with a fork.
- Add capers to the mixture and cook 5 more minutes.
- Serve the cauliflower on a plate topped with the caper bagna cauda.