Creamy shrimp and bacon skillet: a quick, easy and very satisfying dinner.
You love shrimp. Of course you love bacon. How about shrimp and bacon together?
Now add some smoked salmon for extra flavor, some tasty mushrooms (for Vitamin D) and to top it all, cream!
I think this dish would satisfy the most picky eaters.
It is also a recipe that can be refrigerated or frozen and then quickly re-heated in a small skillet (please do not use the microwave) so you can make a bigger batch and then use it as a last-minute meal.
I have used some of my leftovers on top of kelp noodles (which do not have a weird aftertaste like some other noodles) and it made a perfect match.
If you are dairy intolerant you can sub coconut cream ( I use this one) for the dairy cream, the smokiness of the dish will make the coconut flavor totally undetectable.
- Serves: 4 portions
- Serving size: 4 portions
- Calories: 340
- Fat: 29 gr
- Carbohydrates: 3.5 gr net
- Fiber: 1 gr
- Protein: 17 gr
- 4 slices organic uncured bacon
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 oz smoked salmon
- 4 oz raw shelled shrimp (I used TJ's Argentinian wild)
- ½ cup coconut cream OR heavy whipping cream if not dairy sensitive
- 1 pinch Celtic Sea Salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the bacon in 1 inch pieces
- Start heating a cast iron skillet and place the bacon in it on a medium flame, cook stirring for about 5 minutes.
- When the bacon is cooked but not crispy, add the sliced mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Now add the smoked salmon cut in strips, cook for 2 to 3 minutes
- Add the shrimp and saute' on a high flame for about 2 minutes
- Add thet cream and the salt, lower the flame and let cook for 1 minute, or until the cream reaches the desired thickness.
- Serve immediately.
- You can serve on top of shirataki or zucchini noodles.