This is one of my first bread recipes, and it came out so good that I used it many times over.
You can bake a large batch of this fragrant bread and it will last you all week.
It’s great for sandwich bread, but also good on it’s own, almost as a cake.
If you keep it refrigerated it is best to toast it under the broiler before eating.
- 4 cups almond flour
- 2 cup grated yams
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- ½ cup raw hemp seeds
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup fresh chopped herbs (thyme, sage, basil, parsley, chives etc)
- ½ cup cold pressed, organic coconut oil [url:2](this is my fave!)
- [/url]1/2 cup coconut cream (I use this one!)
- 1tbs baking soda
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 6 large organic cage-free (best form the framer) eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grate Yams and zucchini in a food processor, then transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add almond flour, seeds, baking soda and herbs to the bowl, stir well.
- Add coconut oil and cream to the mix.
- On the side whisk eggs lightly in another bowl, add salt then add to cake mixture.
- (You can also put eggs, coconut oil and salt in the blender and mix until frothy, then add to the dry ingredients)
- Mix ingredients thoroughly until well combined.
- Prepare a 9" baking pan by coating the interior lightly with coconut oil.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom of the pan and place it on top of the coconut oil.
- Now pour the cake mixture into the pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick will come out dry.
This recipe was used at the ribbon cutting ceremony of my colleague’s new office, where I did the catering.