Keto Breakfast Muffins are a great breakfast option to make ahead!
My readers and my patients seem to be always hungry for new easy and convenient breakfast options.
Especially when you have a family, a job, life gets busy and it is not always easy to make the best choices first thing in the morning.
I love breakfast ideas that can be made ahead and can be even conveniently packed with you or stuffed in a lunch box.
I always prefer a savory breakfast, full of good fats and protein, so it will help you stabilize your blood sugars for the day and cut cravings!
You can serve them with your favorite guacamole, with plain avocado or with
Ready made Machaca: A great Keto Paleo ingredient!
I was recently approached by The People’s Choice Beef Jerky company, which is located close to me in Los Angels.
They sent me some of their products to sample and I was really impressed by the quality of their ingredients!
One of the samples made me really happy: the shredded beef jerky Machaca!
It has all the right ingredients: Beef, water, salt, spices, garlic. That’s it!
It also contains 16grams of protein per serving, and only 1 gram of carbs! What a perfect ingredient for our keto paleo lifestyle!
You can add it to scrambled eggs, to a stir fry, and makes a great addition for these breakfast muffins.
Another great low carb option from The People’s Choice is the Old Fashioned Beef Jerky– with 15gr of protein, 2.5gr of fat and only 1gr of carbs per serving!
- Serves: 8 muffins
- Serving size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 128
- Fat: 10gr
- Carbohydrates: 2.5gr NET
- Fiber: 0.75gr
- Protein: 6.6gr
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 7" nonstick ceramic pan, on medium heat, melt the fat of choice and add the machaca to it.
- Stir for about 3 minutes or until the machaca is softened and fragrant.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a food processor add the eggs, tomatillo salsa, almond flour and machaca.
- Mix on low for about 30 seconds, until all ingredients are well blended.
- Pour the mix into 8 silicone muffin cups, or into a silicone muffin mold.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in to the muffin.