Gone to Italy!
Finally I am going on vacation! For the next 3 weeks I will be visiting my parents and my friends in Italy.
even though I have been gone 20 years, I still think of Italy as home, and my best friends in the world are still the ones I grew up and went to school with!
I am super excited to go spend 3 weeks with them!
between me and them is a dreadful 20 hour journey with 4 stops! UGH!
I hate traveling by plane, and when you are eating a healthy low carb or keto diet, there is basically NOTHING edible for you in an airplane.
Unless you bring your own low carb snacks!
(I could just do a fast, yes, but I get awfully bored on long trips and snacking helps me pass the time and keeps me happy! It’s a mental thing)
My airplane survival kit of low carb snacks:
This is what I am bringing with me:
- 10 strips of crispy bacon (bacon jerky)
- 1 small container of kalamata olives and raw cheddar cheese
- 1 ziplock bag of macadamias and pecans
- 3 avocados
- 1 ziplock of egg white protein powder (just in case)
- a container of Coco-nut candy! (see recipe below)
I will bring my little lunch bag with a little ice pack in it, but it is so cold in the plane anyways, that refrigeration will NOT be a problem!
Here is the recipe for the Coco-nut candy
- Serves: 4 portions
- Serving size: 1 candy
- Calories: 184
- Fat: 19gr
- Net Carbs: 2.5
- Fiber: 3gr
- Protein: 2.20 gr
- Spread the coconut flakes on a cookie sheet and put under the broiler on high for 5 minutes or until golden brown. It is very important to watch them so they do not burn!
- Put cooled flakes into a good processor or high speed blender with the pecans and the vanilla.
- Blend until a cream is formed.
- Pour into small candy cups and put in the refrigerator to solidify.
- Makes 4 candies