This is a different take on the usual liver dish. It is a great way to use those delicious figs from the farmers market.
Here it is served with a tomato and tomatillo salad.
- 1 pound beef liver, sliced and peeled (your butcher can do this for you!)
- 3 ripe figs
- ¼ cup white wine
- ghee or butter for sauteing
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Marinate the liver with the balsamic overnight in the refrigerator.
- Melt fat in a large skillet.
- Pat liver dry with towel.
- When the butter/ghee has reached sizzling temperature, place liver gently in it and let brown on the bottom for about 5 min.
- In the meantime wash the figs and remove stems.
- Blend figs in a food processor until smooth.
- Now turn liver.
- Add white wine and let evaporate for about 1 minute.
- Now add fig puree and stir well.
- Cover for about 2 min until sauce is warmed up.
- Serve immediately.
- ONLY ADD SALT TO THE LIVER AFTER PLATING OR IT WILL MAKE IT TOUGH!