6 Wonderful Success Stories
Week after week you hear me preaching about the benefits of a ketogenic diet.
I tell you all the possible reasons why this kind of diet would be appropriate for a large number of people, especially people with carbohydrate intolerance (See here).
This week I decided to do something different.
I want to share the success stories of real ketoers, who changed their life with this “diet”.
Here is what they say!
I’ve been eating a keto diet for 3 months. I’m a 55 yr old 1st grade teacher. After the first month, I realized my legs were no longer swollen all the time. I then realized I was no longer taking aspirin/ibuprofen at least once, and usually twice, per day. My energy levels are going up. My weight is dropping slowly, but surely. I feel better than I have in years. This is no longer a ‘diet’. It’s a new way of life. I won’t go back. I’ve cheated twice during the past 3 months. Both times, I ate a cookie and quickly felt awful. That awful feeling lasted 3 days! I was hoping the first cheat/feeling awful incident was a coincidence. The second cheat showed me it wasn’t. I know I will be diabetic or worse if I don’t remain on this new way of eating. I am at peace with this. I will be fine and look forward to my feeling good/healthy future. Gina E. **1st month results***
* 26 days of straight ketosis
* 15 pounds weight loss
* 5 inches total of bust,waist,hips,thighs,upper arm
* 0 migraines ( I’ve been suffering from migraines for 25 years plus)
* 5 headaches total have taken 10 Excedrin headache’s medicines
(normally took 100-120 excerdin a month for years.)
* Stopped taking Benadryl & other sinuses meds completely
* Sleep better
* More energy than I’ve ever had Erin K. 14 days just cutting to 20 net carbs, and eliminating added sugar! Without even tracking religiously I am down around 16 pounds, 5 inches off my waist, hips and bust(each!!!!) my migraines have stopped and I have so much more energy and better sleep! My libido (along with my confidence) have soared, and I am incredibly sorry that I didn’t start this months ago! If you’re reading this, START NOW! Or you’ll be wishing you did Valerie G. keto has completely cured my sugar addiction, food cravings are gone and my husband says my body looks just like when we started dating 21 years ago and I didn’t even do this for weight loss. Oh and my teeth always feel slippery clean now. Kibby M. Vivica Here’s one that I don’t know if you’ve heard of before with Ketogenic lifestyle – my warts of many years are falling off. Literally. I am thrilled. I have a few more that are starting to change and will apparently be leaving soon. WooHoo! I‘ve only being doing Keto for about 7 weeks now – I have lost 8 lbs. EASILY – it just seemed to melt off into the 2nd/3rd week – I feel more grounded and centered, not flighty and spacey, foggy-headed. My skin looks amazing and my hair is more lustrous, shiny and growing (it had gotten thin). I am more peaceful and calm. My poops are great now – this is an important part ladies! I used to have major digestive issues and constipation. Again, 2nd or 3rd week in everything shifted and stabilized. My belly bloat is GONE – 1st week on that one. I have always had low blood sugar issues since a child – and now, with this way of eating, I don’t. I am still learning more through this journey and am so pleased. I highly recommend it to anyone. I have had people asking what am I doing – I am radiant and healthier looking than ever – I start telling them about Keto. I am sending people to your site Vivica for the information and to take the carbohydrate tolerance test. Thank you for all you do. Your recipes, your time, your energy and dedication are appreciated by MANY. Please keep shining your light. We all are to keep shining light on this subject. I look forward to new changes and lessons every day through this process. It’s fun and exciting. Wow – that was a lot. Katie P. On Keto since July of this year:
18 Pounds lost
4+ inches lost off my waist, 4+ inches off my hips
Down three sizes
Down 3.5 percentage points in body fat
Shaved a minute off of my mile time
No longer pre-diabetic
Periods regular for the first time in my life
Not a single migraine since starting
My skin looks ten years younger
No more issues with blood sugar spikes and crashes, which has gone a long way in helping manage my depression without medications
Increase energy and mental clarity Kelly M. I was on the keto diet. My hypoglycemia was totally gone. My energy was up. My migraines gone. The arthritis in my hands gone. My depression meds lowered. My weight 30 pounds…gone. I wasn’t sick with a cold or flu for the entire year. Theny dad died and I slowly chose to self medicate with old comfort foods: high carbs, lots of sugar. Now all the “gones” are back. Ugh! These are success stories form clients I have worked with: Charrisse R I’m three and a half weeks in. I’m starting from a very ill point, I had a severe anaphylatic reaction to three bee stings August 26, 2014. The emts found me, dead. My body has been in a state of absolute shock since. Adrenals blown, endocrine system totally jacked and my blood sugar levels and blood pressure levels were dangerously high 165/110 bp and fasting sugar one morning of 175! Before the anaphylaxis I was a slim 145 @ 5’8″. I have a farm and rescue and I am a full time nursing student. I am busy. I was in good shape and decent health minus migraines and being diagnosed three years ago with fibromyalgia and borderline RA and fifteen years ago with severe depression and anxiety. In two short months after the anaphylaxis, I gained 25 lbs, I changed nothing about my eating. I was so inflammed, do swollen and in so much pain, I was at my wits end. Doctors had nothing. In fact they wanted to pile on bp and sugar meds. Vivica contacted me. We’d been friends on Facebook for a long time, but I’d not paid attention to the blog or the Keto lifestyle. I didn’t “need” to, I thought. After having been on it for a little over three weeks now I can say without a doubt that I know I am on my way to restored heath. My sugars and pressure sunk to normal and have stayed there since week two. Already ten pounds have dropped. The swelling is gone. The pain is gone. No migraines since starting. The brain fog is lifting. The depression that I’ve battled to the darkest depths.. I had PLANNED my suicide last year.. Its gone. My anxiety is improving. Im off ALL meds. I still have a ways to go to get to pre anaphylaxis in some ways, but I’ve already far exceeded that in others. I’m recommending this lifestyle to everyone. Yes, it’s challenging at first to curb the old ways and not look at it as a super restrictive way of life.. Once I got past the carb detox and craving.. I focused on how good I felt eating clean. Now I feel like I’m “cheating” eating a keto treat or a keto coconut flour “bread” lol.
If you would like to learn more about the ketogenic diet read HERE