Keto Fruit Tart, a childhood memory made real
In Italy we have many different kinds of Pastries. My favorite one is always been the fruit tart with custard cream.
Working on this recipe as I wanted a Birthday cake to eat with my family, I had a big jar of lemon curd from last week.
So instead of making custard I decided to use the curd as a base for the fruit. (Use 1/2 of the recipe from last week to fill the pie crust then add the fruit.)
The Tart turned out fantastic!
So good that i had to share this recipe with you.
By the way the crust itself is a very versatile crust for any pie or quiche, both savory or sweet.
- 200 gr butter
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup psylluim flour
- 1 tbs swerve
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- Keto Lemon Curd
- See last weeks recipe HERE
- Use ½ the recipe
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pan.
- Mixx all dry ingredients in a food processor until well blended.
- Add the liquid butter to the food processor and keep mixing until the dough forms a ball.
- Remove the dough with t eh help of a spatula and form a ball with it.
- Grease a pie dish and flatten the dough into it, lining it at an even thickness.
- Bake at 350 for 15 min.
- Take out of the oven and let cool.
- Spread lemon curd from last week's recipe evenly on the crust.
- Wash the fruit and arrange on the lemon curd in desired pattern.
- If you plan on keeping the tart longer than one day in the refrigerator, add a layer of gelatin to the top.
- (dissolve 1 tbs of dried gelatin in ½ cup of warm water and brush over fruit to seal)