This morning started out good with moderate ketones and Blood Glucose levels of 95. It seems like I put 1/3 pound back on, but it might be that my muscles are growing as I am working out regularly!
this is what today’s meal plan looks like:
Kale and Eggs Benedict with Nourishing Hollandaise Sauce
Pan Grilled Lamb Chops with Mixed Baby Greens from my garden!
Fasting!! (and believe me it is really hard to do a water fast while food blogging!!!)
- 2 fresh organic (better pastured) eggs
- 2 ounces of raw organic baby kale, washed and trimmed from stems
- 1 clove organic garlic, peeled
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream
- Celtic sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a small skillet
- Smash the garlic clove and add it to the skillet
- After about a minute add the kale, it should be still wet from the wash
- Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally
- Remove the kale from the skillet and keep warm.
- In the meantime separate one of the egg yolks form the white
- Break the other egg and add it to the first egg white
- Now add another tablespoon of butter to the skillet
- Fry the egg with the extra egg wite until desired doneness.
- In the meantime melt the remaining butter with the coconut cream.
- In a small food processor add the egg yolk, a pinch of salt and a good grating of fresh black pepper
- Start processing the egg, then very slowly add the butter/cream mix
- (most food processors have a small hole in the top to enable you to do this)
- Mix until a smooth cream is formed
- Now put the kale in a warmed plate, add the fried egg on top and then add as much hollandaise sauce as you desire.
- Serve immediately!