The Perfect Keto Side Dish!
You will love this Garlic and Herb Easy Roasted Cauliflower, as it is super easy to make, low in carb and rich in healthy fiber. As simple as it is flavorful, it will become one of your staple dishes.
A great side of roasted chicken, or beef, it will simplify things as you can bake it in a big batch with other vegetables, like Winter or Summer squashes.
Oven Batch Cooking
I absolutely love shortcuts!
My daily life is always super busy with patients, blog, yoga, friends…but cooking my own food is extremely important for my keto paleo lifestyle.
So I created the all the easiest and quickest ways to prepare very tasty meals that will keep me happy and healthy!
One of my favorite ones is oven batch cooking. I just prepare meals for the whole week in just a few hours. I usually start with roasting a whole chicken, on the bottom rack of the oven, and some fish on the top, or a thick cut of steak.
As things get ready I take them out and add in new trays: Zucchini, mushrooms, some sweet potatoes, a spaghetti squash, asparagus….and cauliflower!
Everything pretty much cooks at the same time, saving time and energy! (Mine and the electricity bill!)
Then I put everything in glass tupperwares, and the week of meals is pretty much ready! Just add a salad or some avocado to the side…
- Serves: 6 portions
- Serving size: 1 portion
- Calories: 197
- Fat: 19gr
- Carbohydrates: 4.5gr NET
- Fiber: 3.5gr
- Protein: 2.8gr
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon "Herbes De Provence"
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large cauliflower
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- In a small food processor mix the garlic, herbs, salt and oil, until a smooth cream is formed.
- Clean the cauliflower form the bottom leaves, and hard core.
- Slice the cauliflower into inch thick slices.
- Place the cauliflower slices and pieces (it will crumble and break a bit) on a large cookie sheet.
- Brush with the garlic and oil cream, using a pastry brush or a fork.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the bottom part is brown, then flip the pieces and bake for another 15 minutes, until the other side is also browned.
- Serve warm as a side-dish to meats or chicken.