It’s not over!
even though we are heading into Spring, it seems like Flu season is far from over. People around me are getting sick by the dozen, and I was very proud of myself to have dodged the germs….until yesterday!
I REALLY hate getting sick, and when the first symptoms arise all my alarm bells go off. As a matter of fact I do have few cards in my back pocket, and I use them all at once when I try not to get sick!
…and I did not!
Four simple but effective strategies!
These are my four main weapons, and most of the time they really work, either alone or combined:
1. Fasting: Fasting gives the body a rest. If you are feeling like you are getting sick first of all absolutely AVOID sugar. Sugar greatly suppresses our immune system, making it even harder NOT to get sick. Ideally you would only eat raw vegetables for a day or two, or if you can even stop eating for 24 and just drink plenty of water, herbal teas and homemade chicken stock. Read HERE more about the benefits of fasting!
2. Coffee enema: As your immune system fights a virus, it really needs to be able to operate at maximum efficiency! Any extra toxins that burden the liver and the intestines, suddenly become a much bigger threat. The best thing to do is to eliminate as many of those toxins as possible. For an in-depth look at the therapeutic value of the coffee enema read this post.
3. Healing fluids: Part of fasting is to drink plenty of nourishing, rehydrating fluids, that bring electrolytes (much needed minerals) to the body and more. Home made chicken stock is one of the best! HERE is an easy recipe for an extra nourishing stock. With the base stock you can then make many healing soups that will support the immune system: A Korean Fusion Soup and a Butternut Squash Soup are two good examples.
For many more amazing soup recipes check out our Community Cookbook!!
4. The FLU-SHOT!! Yes! A flu shot can be helpful, but NO, it’s not the toxin-laden vaccine you would get at the pharmacy! This is a homemade cup of pure life elixir. Here is how to prepare it:
- 1 whole organic, pastured chicken OR 2-3 pounds of chicken parts on the bone
- 2 large organic onions
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 large piece of fresh ginger, peeled and cut in slices (about 4 inches)
- 2 tablespoons Celtic Sea Salt
- 2 tablespoons organic apple cider vinegar
- FIRE CIDER
- Make your own with these recipe ideas!
- Place all the ingredients in a large stock pot and cover with about 4 quarts of water.
- Let sit for an hour.
- Place on the stove on a low flame and cook for about 4 hours.
- Drink the broth hot adding about ⅔ tablespoons of fire cider to it.
- If you do not have Fire Cider handy you can add regular apple cider vinegar and a pinch of cayenne.