Coconut Key Lime Pie Keto and Low Carb
This is a great example of the delicious foods you can enjoy when you are following a ketogenic diet!
Here is a testimonial from Michelle G. who followed my meal plan:
“I have been following Vivica’s eating plan for about a little over a month now. Throughout my life, I’ve always dieted and struggled on and off with my weight. I have been on a low carb diet for about 1.5 year, but I found the ketogenic diet innovative and I don’t feel like I am ” lacking ” anything like I did when I was on a low carbs and low fat diet. Back then I had cravings for sugar or bad carbs, which I dont have anymore since Ive started changing the way I eat. I work up to 10 hour days and I travel for work a lot, but the recipes are simple and easy to follow and absolutely delicious.
- Serves: 9 portions
- Serving size: 1 portion
- Calories: 466
- Fat: 42 gr
- Carbohydrates: 7 gr net
- Fiber: 5 gr
- Protein: 11.11 gr
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a food processor grind the hazelnuts until they turn in to a flour, then add the chia seeds, Swerve, egg and melted butter. Mix everything together until a dough is formed.
- Now grease a 6 by 9 inch pyrex with coconut oil.
- Press the crust flat into the pyrex.
- Bake for 20 min at 375 F.
- In the meantime prepare the filling.
- In a large bowl mix all the filling ingredients and blend with an immersion blender until smooth and frothy.
- Remove the crust from the oven once done.
- Pour filling onto crust and put back in the oven at 350 degrees.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool,then sprinkle evenly with the coconut flakes.
- The refrigerate overnight