I have been mulling for a few weeks about starting a detox. As you might or might not know I work for a nutritional practice where we do a lot of it (It is the A in the ABC of nutrition!). We use the Purification Program, which is an amazing program created by Standard Process, and I have done it many times during the last 3 years. It just so happens that we have been having guests staying with us for the last 3 weeks off and on, and more to come, so it is VERY difficult to detox when you have to cook for 5 other people who want to eat normally!
So I decided to include at least two raw vegetable dishes in my diet each day. That should nicely ease me into the detox part….whenever I will get to it. (Hopefully before Thanksgiving!)
Here is a palate pleasing, sweet and easy dish that can be eaten on the side or all by itself if you are trying to get rid of some of those nasty toxins!
- 2 organic carrots, washed
- 1 organic beet, washed
- ½ cup coconut cream or full fat coconut milk.
- Juice of 1 organic lemon
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- Celtic sea salt to taste
- Cut carrots and beet in small chunks that will easily fit in the food processor.
- Process until roughly chopped. (it can be done by hand but this is faster)
- In the meantime add the lemon juice and the spices to the coconut cream, and stir well.
- Place the carrot/beet mixture into a serving bowl.
- Add salt to your taste.
- Put dressing on top ad stir until well blended.