This a VERY easy and convenient recipe. If you made enough roasted tomatillo salsa, maybe even canned some! I try to eat fish at least once a week. It is difficult to find high quality fresh fish in our town, so I often have to buy frozen. I try mostly to stay away from eating tuna too often, because of the mercury content and the general overfishing of our oceans. Albacore is definitively on the non-sustainable list (good article from Greenpeace UK here). I try to use it as a special treat and not a common fare on our table.
Nevertheless it is a delicious fish, very satisfying, like a red meat steak. These albacore steaks are convenient and delicious!
The raw corn salad was very simple and quite tasty. Just the corn shaven off the cob, tossed with lime juice, sea salt and freshly ground pink pepper!
- ⅔ fresh or frozen albacore steaks
- ⅘ garlic cloves
- olive oil enough to saute
- 1 cup Roasted Tomatillo Salsa
- Defrost steaks if frozen.
- Pat dry.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Peel and crush garlic and put in the pan with the oil.
- Sautee on a low flame until fragrant.
- Now add the albacore and raise the flame.
- Sautee on a lively flame until lightly browned then turn and repeat on the other side.
- Now add the salsa, lower the flame and cook for an additional 5 minutes, until the salsa is well warmed.