Tailgate or Superbowl House Party? Prosciutto and Brie Jalapeño Poppers!
Are you looking for a great appetizer that is low carb, gluten free, easy and fast to prepare?
These Prosciutto and Brie Jalapeño Poppers take less than 30 minutes to prepare and pack a flavor punch!
Are you off dairy? No problem!
Just substitute avocado slices for the Brie cheese!
These poppers will be a crowd pleaser!
Keto Party Tips
- Prepare plenty of good snacks that are keto compliant but so delicious that nobody will even notice
- If you want to provide your guests with some non keto alternatives, ( I love these gluten free crackers, but do not eat them anymore! My husband does!) make sure you have enough keto choices for yourself, so you will not cheat.
- If you feel like cheating, try to have more protein instead of carbs, it will make you full sooner and less prone to want other things.
- Drinks? Yes please, I will have a keto martini! My nr. 1 choice of drink is a dirty martini with blue cheese stuffed olives OR a long drink of vodka with bubbly water and a splash of bitters. 3rd option is a skinny margarita with lime juice, a drop of stevia and soda water.
- Use pork skins instead of chips: they are great with guacamole!!
- Make a bowl of raw nuts, a bowl of olives and a bowl of cheese cubes!
Party Tips for Guest
- Bring your own chips (pork skins) – most dips will be ok!
- Bring your own flavored soda water, so you can make an easy mixed drink.
- If you can not find a good appetizer, just discard the bread and eat the filling!
- Chicken wings are great for keto!
- Serves: 8 servings
- Serving size: 2 serving
- Calories: 169
- Fat: 13 gr
- Carbohydrates: 1 gr NET
- Fiber: 0.75 gr
- Protein: 11 gr
- 8 fresh jalapeños or 8 Mexican whole canned jalapeño
- 8 slices of prosciutto
- 140 gr of full fat Brie cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the jalapeños open and scoop out the seeds. You might need to use gloves for this so you do not burn your hands. If you are using the canned jalapeños do the same being careful to keep them from breaking in pieces.
- Cut the Brie in 18 small pieces about the size of the jalapeños .
- Cut the slices of prosciutto in half.
- Lay the Brie in the jalapeños then wrap with the prosciutto.
- Bake the poppers for 20 minutes then turn on the broiler on high and cook until well crisped on top.