Why Keto Paleo
There are many different reasons why you might want to embark on a ketogenic lifestyle: lose weight, control seizures, combat cancer, reduce inflammation, minimize body fat, enhance athletic performance.
No matter the reason, you body will benefit the most from a well designed, therapeutic ketogenic diet!
A Keto Paleo diet is a therapeutic diet, and it will bring you the most health benefits, whichever your goal might be for doing it.
Let see why:
- Inflammation is the main cause for insulin resistance, autoimmune disorders, cancer, and even cognitive disorders (dementia, Alzheimers etc). Reducing inflammation is critical to successful weight loss, stabilizing blood sugar levels, and alleviating the symptoms of many conditions.
- A Keto Paleo diet reduces inflammation in the body by reducing toxin assimilation. When you quit processed foods and start eating real foods you drastically reduce the amount of toxins you ingest.
- A Keto Paleo diet makes it easier to lower blood sugar levels, by removing allergens and hormone disruptors. (Soy, GMO foods, Preservatives)
- A Keto Paleo diet basically makes it easier or just plain possible to achieve your health and weight loss goals.
How do I do Keto Paleo?
It is very easy to paleofy your ketogenic diet!
Here is a list of foods you should eat when Keto Paleo:
- Pastured or organic meats
- Wild caught small fish (sardines, anchovies, mackerel)
- Leafy green vegetables
- Bitter greens (Dandelion, Radicchio, Chicory, Endive etc.)
- Lacto-Fermented vegetables
- Raw nuts and seeds
- Good fats (MUFA, Omega 3s, Saturated animal fats)
- Plenty of fresh clean water
Depending on your personal carb tolerance you can add small amounts of fresh berries to the diet.
Here is a list of foods to avoid on Keto Paleo:
- Processed Foods
- Low carb and sugar-free packaged foods
- Artificial Sweeteners
- Unhealthy fats (GMO, processed, rancid or hydrogenated)
- Additives, colorings preservatives
- Diet Sports drinks
- Diet sodas
Dairy can be a very convenient and delicious food on a ketogenic diet.
If you are not intolerant to dairy you can follow a Keto Primal diet instead of Keto Paleo, and incude some dairy.
First you should find out if you have such an intolerance or not.
Here are few reasons why I like to refrain from eating dairy, at least when starting to eat a ketogenic diet:
- at least 60% of all adults worldwide have some form of dairy intolerance
- you can be intolerant either to lactose or to casein, making the problem more complex
- a dairy intolerance alters your calcium/phosphorus ration, creating many negative effects, like long term osteoporosis, kidney stones, compromised immunity etc.
- a casein intolerance can lead to leaky gut, then imbalanced gut flora. The result is nutritional deficiencies, digestive disorders and autoimmune conditions
- the hormones naturally occurring in cow dairy can interfere with the normal functioning of a woman’s delicate hormonal balance, making it very difficult to lose weight
The good news is that dairy intolerances can be reversed through a proper detoxification and a rehabilitation of gut microbiota through probiotic therapy. So in most cases you can eventually switch to keto primal after taking the right steps.
If the ketogenic diet is not working as planned for you, you might have an underlying health issue that needs to be addressed before you can be successful.
If you are ready to tackle a real health and lifestyle transformation, The Healing Foods Method Program might just be what you were looking for. Click HERE for more information.