Gourmet Keto Filet Mignon!
Eating healthy does not mean eating plain foods, at least not in my book.
I love food, as you might have noticed, and I will never give up tasty, enjoyable, mouth watering foods because I am on a keto lifestyle, on the contrary!
Do you enjoy eating well?
My goal is to provide you with many great choices that will keep you nourished and entertained so you can stay on the good keto path!
Traditional Nutrient Dense Foods
Are you scared of osteoporosis? Do you worry about taking the right multivitamin?
Do you often notice that your hair and skin are not as healthy as you would like to see them?
Those are all topics related to the nutrients in your diet!
Now, you know that this is a Keto blog, but it is also a Paleo blog! And like you might have deducted form the name I am also very big on nutrient dense foods.
There are many ways to do a Keto diet, but not all of them are really health promoting or well designed.
The recipes you will find on this blog are designed specifically to provide you with them maximum amount of nutrition, as you health and well being are my ultimate goals!
I hope you enjoy the recipes!
Get your pastured specialty meats here: Us Wellness Meats
- Serves: 2 servings
- Serving size: 1 portion
- Calories: 517
- Fat: 43gr
- Net Carbs: 1gr
- Protein: 34gr
- 2 filet mignon steaks min. 1" tall and 4 oz each.
- 4 thin slices of Lardo di Colonnata OR 2 uncured bacon slices
- 4 Oz Chicken liver Pate' Shaped in 2 flat disks
- 2 Tbs butter or ghee
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Kitchen Thread or regular cotton thread
- Bring your filets to room temperature.
- On a cutting board pat the filets dry with a towel.
- Cut a length of thread enough to go twice around the filet and tie a knot.
- Now wrap the Lardo or bacon around the filet, wrapping it tightly and shaping the meat in to a roundish shape.
- Tie the thread around the Lardo / bacon and close with a double knot.
- Now melt the butter or ghee in a small non-stick ceramic skillet. (I like this one!)
- When butter is browned, add the filets being careful not to undo the wrapping.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes each side on a high flame, depending on thickness and desired level of doneness.
- Filets should not be cooked more than medium or the meat will get tough and dry.
- In the meantime keep the pate' disks in the refrigerator.
- When the filets are cooked, place one of the pate' disks on each.
- Serve immediately with a fresh green salad.