A priceless testimonial from famous Bay Area Chef Chris Cosentino, who speaks on behalf of the use of offal in cooking!
A bit of thrift!
This recipe for Chicken Liver Pate is designed to work with the Sauted Chicken Livers as the main ingredient.
If you make enough sauted livers to have leftovers, this is an excellent way to use them.
I firmly believe in trying to use all the food I buy, therefore reducing waste and saving money!
5 tips to save money and reduce waste
1) When you go grocery shopping think of more than one recipe for the ingredients you are buying
2) Soups are a great way to recycle leftovers. You can use leftover chicken, meat, or cooked veggies, and add them to a base of bone broth to create easy and quick meals.
3) Plan a “life-cycle” for the larger dishes you prepare. For example a big roast with lots of roasted veggies could become a soup and a casserole, with the help of few other ingredients. Roast chicken can become chicken stock, tacos, and a chicken salad.
4) When out of ideas consult a visual tool like Pinterest where you can easily do detailed searches like: “leftover turkey recipes”
5) Do not forget to compost! Even in the city you can have a small compost bin on your balcony, and if you are in the country you can have vermicompost or CHICKENS! Nothing will ever be wasted if you have chickens, all the refuse will just be magically transformed in delicious eggs!
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and mix until a smooth paste is formed.
- Serve with radish slices or raw crackers.
If you liked this recipe CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW TO PIN IT!